Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Childhood Memories


Dr. C just reminded me of the Recycle Shop at the Children's Museum in Boston with a link to the Scrap Exchange in Durham, NC.

Their website says it best, "Long before recycling was a household word, the museum began selling an amazing variety of reusable fabrics, plastics, papers, and strings for everyone’s crafts and fine arts projects. The only limit is your own imagination!"

The Scrap Exchange says it opened in 1991, but the Children's museum says they have been doing this for "more than a generation" (which I will admit is vague, but I remember going when i was pretty young and as many of you remind me quite often, that was a LONG time ago).

Wow, I had a lot of great memories creating masterpieces with the bottle caps and assorted other materials that we bought. I imagine that the stuff I would choose to fill my bag today would be different from what I was attracted to when I was 10, but I could be wrong. I am definitely going to have to go visit the shop the next time I am in Boston.

No comments: